In compliance with the provisions of current legislation on the protection of personal data, the Politecnico di Milano, in the person of the Director General delegated by the pro-tempore Rector (Data Controller), with registered address in Piazza Leonardo Da Vinci 32, Milan (hereinafter, “Politecnico”) wishes to provide you with the following information on the processing of your personal data. Your personal data shall be processed on the basic principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency, protecting your privacy, your rights and fundamental freedoms, in compliance with current legislation on the security and protection of personal data. In particular, we inform you of the following:
1.Purpose of the processing
The data you provide to the Politecnico, such as personal details and possibly bank data (where the course or event is subject to a fee), is processed for the following purposes:
- participation in the convention/conference III TWR Conference – Transdisciplinary Workplace Research from 7 to 10 September 2022 and organised by the Politecnico (hereinafter referred to as the “Event“);
- managing payments and tax and invoicing obligations;
- the fulfilment of all additional obligations required by law, regulations or community legislation, as well as by provisions issued by duly authorised authorities or bodies;
- the organisation of activities connected to the Event, such as the gala dinner and student event, with the choice of menu according to personal preferences;
- the production of photos and videos of the event, for publication on the Politecnico website and social media channels, as well as other information and promotions of the Politecnico’s activities.
The provision of data for the purposes described in points (i) (ii) and (iii) is mandatory and refusal to provide them prevent the various parties from managing your registration and participation in the convention/conference and prevent you from participating in the same convention/conference promoted by the Politecnico, possibly also in collaboration with other entities and institutions.
The provision of data for the purpose described in point (iv) is optional, free and consent may be withdrawn at any time. Failure to provide your data, while not preventing participation in the Event and connected activities, shall prevent the Data Controller from guaranteeing the menu of your choice.
The provision of data for the purpose described in point (v) is optional, free and consent may be withdrawn at any time. Failure to provide your data, while not preventing participation in the Event, shall prevent the use of photos and videos of the event in which you can be recognised.
2. Processing methods
The processing of your personal data may include all operations or series of operations considered by law to be data processing. Data shall be processed on paper and/or using computerized and/or telematic tools, using logic and forms in compliance with the legislation in force that requires the adoption of suitable measures to guarantee an adequate level of security.
3. Legal basis of the processing
The legal basis of the processing for the purposes referred to in parts (i) (ii) and (iii) of paragraph 1) is public interest linked to fulfilling institutional tasks aimed at disseminating knowledge of the Politecnico’s scientific and university research and innovation.
The legal basis of the processing for the purposes referred to in parts (iv) and (v) of paragraph 1) is the consent of the data subject; in the first case, for choosing the menu for the secondary events connected to the Event and, in the second case, for granting the Politecnico consent to publish photos and videos of the event in which you can be recognised.
4. Retention times
For the purposes referred to in parts (i), (ii) and (iii), your data shall be stored for the period of time required by law to fulfil contractual and fiscal obligations and in any case no more than 10 years following the termination of the relationship/contract between you and the Politecnico, due to the legal statute of limitations, to manage the stages of the contractual relationship and to resolve other issues that may arise (for example regarding possible disputes and the defence of mutual interests), and to fulfil the legal obligations of data retention including for the purposes of accounting. In the case of an Event benefiting from public financing, the data shall be stored (within the “required period of retention”) for 10 years from the date of the required accounting to be performed with regard to the financing body and/or body that organised the call or funding; or for a longer retention period that may be imposed by legal or regulatory provisions (the start date of the required retention period may therefore be after the date of termination of the negotiation or contractual relationship).
5. Data disclosure
The staff at the Politecnico may access and process your data in their role as authorized persons or data processors for the performance of their relative duties. Your personal data may also be disclosed, for the pursuit and within the limits of the foreseen purposes, to the Fondazione Politecnico, as Data Processor pursuant to Art. 28, and to third parties for the fulfilment of contractual obligations and performance of institutional tasks of public interest, as well as to the online payment service provider (such as Pay-pal and similar) and others, always within the European Union. Your data shall also be disclosed to the person, company or entity that operates independently to promote the Event or to manage certain stages of its organization, in its own interest or in the interest of the Politecnico and the Fondazione Politecnico.
Additional subjects who may be recipients of personal data may be sponsors and Partners for individual events and only if express consent is given.
6. Rights of the data subject
In relation to the processing of the aforementioned data, you may exercise the rights referred to in Art. 13 GDPR 679/16 as better expressed in Articles. 15-16-17-18-20-21 and 22 GDPR 679/16 and more specifically, you shall have the right to:
- obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, even if not yet registered, and request a copy in an intelligible form;
- request access to personal data, in addition to the right to data portability;
- obtain the updating and rectification or, where applicable, to have incomplete data completed;
- object, wholly or partially: a) for legitimate reasons to the processing of personal data concerning you, even if pertinent to the purpose of their collection; b) to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of direct marketing.
- obtain the erasure and transformation into anonymous form or restriction of data processed in violation of the law, including those that do not need to be kept for the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently processed;
- revoke consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on consent given before the revocation, in the cases provided for by law;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- obtain certification that the operations referred to in numbers 4 and 6 above, and their content, have been communicated to the persons to whom the data have been disclosed or disseminated, except in the case in which this proves to be impossible or involves the use of means that are manifestly disproportionate to the protected right.
The data subject may exercise the above rights by writing to:
Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo Da Vinci 32, Milan or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.